New! Check out the latest podcast video of Bulletproof Radio where Gary Volino, the president of Pulse Centers, talks about the revolutionary products his company is developing that are reshaping the medical field and revolutionizing the use of electromagnetic therapies.
PEMF: Pulsed Electromagnetic Field. PEMF is widely used in Eastern Europe and other parts of Europe, where it has been a standard therapy. While this is a new technology in North America it is really an innovative, emerging technology, with an already extensive research base behind it. For more information about this revolutionary technology, check out the website: PEMFinfo.com.
PEMF is a safe, drug-free, non-invasive therapy for pain and dysfunction. This video on Rapid Aging Syndrome talks about the way PEMF optimizes the self-healing and self-regulating functions of the body.
Dr. Ellen Antoine explains the benefits of PEMF on her site here. Some of the highlights include:
“What are the benefits of PEMF?
PEMF is an effective, non-invasive and side effect-free antidote to pain. It directly affects nerve cells that are communicating to our brain that our body is experiencing pain. It has anti-inflammatory implications, helping to minimize pain. This also affects flexibility – especially when treating stiff and inflamed muscles. PEMF treatment increases the range of motion that can be achieved and results are often immediate. For bone fractures, PEMF is especially useful in healing non-union fractures. This is because electromagnetic waves are the earth’s tool to cause biochemical changes that ultimately result in an increased speed in bone formation. PEMF therapy has also been found to relieve depression and other mental health conditions. It’s also been used in treatment of everything from arthritis, cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, to multiple sclerosis, autism, diabetes, and many other chronic health conditions.
In addition to impacting inflammation and bone healing, here’s a just a sampling of the many other benefits of PEMF:
- Regulates certain functions through its impact on the autonomic nervous system
- Activates bone-cartilage cell stimulation
- Regenerates nerves through stimulating nerve cells to grow
- Activates part of the immune system – white blood cells called macrophages
- Reduces stress with direct impact on norepinephrine and epinephrine
- Relieves pain
- Heals wounds
- Improves metabolic health
- Improves circulation; thus oxygenation to tissues
- Regulates of digestive activity
- Improves melatonin production
- Strengthens immune system
- Many more benefits”
Read more of her article here.
What experts are saying about PEMF:
“I feel pulsed electromagnetic therapy may be one of the greatest discoveries in the history of medicine.”
– Dr. David Williams,
Alternatives for the Health Conscious Individual – (March 2004)
“In all living things energy is more fundamental than chemistry.”
– James Oschman, author of Energy Medicine
“This idea of manipulating cellular activity with magnetically induced electrical currents is looking like one of the hottest new fields around.”
– Andy Bassett, MD on the future of PEMF, Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies
“All human activity is conditioned by the earth’s magnetic environment. Once the connection is made between the magnetic aspects of the biophysical chemistry of human bio-organism, indeed all planetary biology, then it becomes easier to conceive of the body as a bioelectric/magnetic apparatus, subject to all physical laws of magnetism.”
– Jiri Jerabek, MD, PhD & William Pawluk, MD, M.Sc. Book – Magenetic Therapy In EAstern Europe A review of 30 years of research